Please join us for Sanborn's 5th Annual International Night
A Cultural Appreciation Celebration!
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
International Night Chairs: Rashmi Bajaj and Natalie Johnson
This night is a chance for each of us to show off our own culture and learn about the cultures of all of our Sanborn families. We will have a variety of food from around the world, cultural performances, country tables, photo booth with costumes from different countries, storytelling and flag stations!!
We hope that all families can attend!
Below are details on what volunteer positions are available and where to sign-up!
- Country Tables & Food - Deadline to register is March 15, 2017: If you would like to reserve a table to showcase your country of origin or ancestry and/or would like to bring a baked good, please click here to register or download the form above and return it to the Sanborn Office by March 15, 2017
- Event Volunteers: We need volunteers to assist the day/night of the event with decorating, setup, serving food, greeter or clean up. Please click here to register.
- Story Telling Sign-Up: Kids love stories!! We are looking for volunteers to read or act out folk and/or country specific stories in the library the evening of the event. (we have time for 4 stories ! 15 minutes each) Please click here to register.
New Committees for 2017
- Flag Station Volunteer: We need volunteers to help the Chair, Sharmila Varadarajan, coordinate the flags prior to the event and staff the table the evening of the event. Please click here to register.
- Costume Committee: We are looking for volunteers to assist Committee Chair, Sayantani Bose, with the collection of costumes. And, to assist with the set-up and staffing of the table the evening of the event. Please click here to register.
- Photo Booth Volunteers: We are looking for volunteers to assist Chair, Anusuiya Bharadwaj, in helping families dress up and take pictures the night of the event. Please click here to register.
- Performance Volunteers: We are looking for volunteers to help Chair, Shilpi Gupta, to coordinate performances. You will need to assist in developing a schedule and keeping the performances on track the evening of the event. Please reach out to Rashmi Bajaj if you would like to volunteer.